This is my beautiful grandmother!I have had plenty of time to blog this week because we are visiting my grandparents. They LOVE to play with my kids all day and they are willing to wake up with them in the mornings so I can stay up late and play on the computer. They spoil me and the kids. (I really appreciate it guys!)
Anyway, one of my favorite pass times at my grandparents house is to look at old pictures. This week I've been working on the never ending project of labeling all of them. I was able to visit my great grandparents and great great grandparents gravesites today. I went with my grandpa and his sister and they gave me some helpful and fun family trivia.
One thing that I found interesting is that my grandpa has triplet cousins. The part that makes it crazy is that they had one son, Bob, and then 10 months later had triplet sons....4 kids under a year old in the same house!! Then a year later (Or 2) had another child. I'd be pulling my hair out. So to continue the craziness...all the triplets are 82 and all still alive and living in the area where they grew up and the other two siblings are there too. So today when we went to the small town of Kingsley, IA to check out the gravesites we stopped in at Ed's Cafe...the local coffee hot spot. And SURE ENOUGH my grandpas cousin was there. Not one of the triplets, but Bob the oldest. So we got to chat a little and that was really cool.
So in honor of my day of labeling and learning history I decided to scan in some old pictures for any family members that follow my blog. These are for you:

My Grandma and Grandpa Lyle on their wedding day. They are a super cute couple to this day. This year they celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary.
Here is my aunt Lori, homecoming queen!
This one is much more recent. My grandma, my cousins, Katrina and Erica, and me on piano...or organ or whatever instrument that is. As you can tell, I kept up on my musical talent.
No comments:
Post a Comment