Saturday, October 11, 2008

5 Week 5K

Last Sunday, my sister, my mom, and I ran a 5K here in Iowa City. One night Anna and I were talking and decided that we should start running and do a 5k. We checked online and found a 5-week training program and it just so happened that Iowa City was having a 5k run EXACTLY 5 weeks from the day we decided to check into training. We knew it was meant to be. We ran and ran and trained and trained. (Okay, it wasn't really that intense) Race day arrived, October 5, 2008. I didn't go very fast but I had a goal of finishing faster than 30 minutes and I accomplished my goal. Anna beat me by several minutes, my mom crossed the finish line approximately the same time as I did. So, I ran a 5k when Stavia was 5 months old, maybe I can do a 10k when she is 10 months old? How many 'k' is a marathon???

No comments: