Since so many people in the USA took July 3rd off of work so did we. Well, the ladies in my husbands family anyway. My three sister-in-laws, mother-in-law and I made strawberry freezer jam. It's handy to have around throughout the year. And it's a lot of fun to just sit around and talk and catch up with the family. It is almost that easy, with all the help it's really no work at all. I didn't get my camera out in time to get pictures of the entire process but you can use your imagination for the first steps. So, close your eyes here we go. Imagine: You get a bunch of strawberries and take the stems off, then you chop up the fruit. No more imagination necessary, I have a pictorial for you from here.
Jodi was slaving over the hot stove (and talking to her husband on the phone)
My mother-in-law, Jan, poured the finished product into the jars.
I had the job of moving the jars around. I gave Jan empty jars as she needed them and took the full jars out of the way. Let me tell ya... it's HARD work. HAHA!
Our finished product 50+ pints of strawberry jam!
This is part of the work crew and part of the distraction crew.
No comments:
Post a Comment